Dear La Entrada Parents,
Celebrations: Let me start this week out with a few thank yous
- Thank you to the parents and families for making sure all the students were at school and ready to learn this week. We have finished half of the STAR testing with very few absences and are ready to finish the remainder, May 13th – 15th.
- Thank you to the students for putting on their thinking caps and taking the assessment seriously. They worked hard last week and I know they will do so as we finish up. Remember to get lots of rest and eat a healthy breakfast so you can be at your best for the assessment.
- Thank you to the teachers for their hard work preparing the students and their diligence this week to maintain security and quiet testing rooms so that the students had an optimum environment to show their best work.
- Thank you for Ms. Dineen for organizing all of the testing materials. It is a huge job and she did so with speed and accuracy.
- Thank you to the PTA for “appreciating the teacher” all week long. The treats and the lunch kept us fueled all week while the notes left to each of us from the students and parents feed our spirit. I know for me, the student comments reminded me of why I am here, at La Entrada and why chose education.
- Thank you to the 7th and 8th grade team of teachers for planning two fieldtrips and the parents that will be joining the students. The 7th grade will attend the Maker’s Fair on Thursday, May 16th and the 8th grade class will be going to Great America on Friday, May 17th to study the physics of rollercoasters.
- Thank you to all involved in the musical this year. It was a hit...a sold out event. I am very proud of all the students involved and thankful to the dedicated teachers and parents for their continuous support.
La Entrada is an inclusive community of dedicated staff, students, and parents engaged in maximizing the academic, social, ethical and physical growth of every student. Our collaborative community embraces the ideals of critical thinking, life-long learning, and global responsibility in a safe and respectful environment.
Developmental Assets are defined as the positive values, relationships and experiences that help youth and teens succeed and thrive. The Developmental Assets framework identifies 41 essential ...more